You might be wondering what makes online marketing using Instagram so tempting for businesses. Let us help you get the lowdown on this alternative digital marketing strategy.
Why the buzz around Instagram ads?
Research done by Instagram itself indicate that as of April 2017, more than 700 million users actively check their accounts on a monthly basis and 75% of Instagram users take action, such as visiting a website, after looking at an Instagram advertising post.
These are not just mere numbers. Ad recall on their platform is also 2.8 times higher than on any other social media network. Not only will your ads get seen, but people will remember them more if they see your ads on Instagram.
The platform is also made more specifically with mobile users in mind. So if your target audience consists largely of mobile users, consider advertising on Instagram.
More and more businesses are integrating Instagram as part of their social media marketing strategies, and with good reason. Statista predicts that ads on Instagram may soon earn more than those on Google or Twitter.
Introduction to Instagram ads
The social media platform offers advertisers a total of six different ad formats. Four are feed ads. These can come in the form of photos, videos, a slideshow or carousel. The last two types are for use with Instagram Stories.
Because ads look similar to shared posts and images, they look more natural and reduce the chances of getting ignored by users and posts with at least one hashtag average 12.6% more engagement.
Quick guide to get started
Before you can begin making ads, you need to follow these steps:
- Register or open a Facebook page for your business.
- Connect your brand’s business page to Facebook’s Business Manager feature.
- Connect your business’s Ads Account to your Business Manager. If you already have an Ads Account, you can visit the Ad Manager Account Settings section and get your account ID there. Once you have copied your account ID, look for the ‘Claim an Ad Account’ option inside your Business Manager and paste it in the blank provided.
- Under ‘Business Settings’, look for the option ‘Instagram Accounts’, then add your business’s Instagram username and password.
- Go to ‘Ad Accounts’ then look for the link to Facebook Ads’ Power Editor. Once you have downloaded the required information, you will see a message telling you that you can start creating Instagram ads.
Where to go from here
Once you have successfully completed the steps, you can begin creating an Instagram ad. You can choose from a number of objectives including generating clicks, getting additional views to your videos, or installation of your mobile app.
Much like Facebook Ads, Instagram will allow you to select the schedule, audience, mobile placement and bid price. After making the selections, click ‘Upload Changes’ and you will see your new ad under Ads Manager.
Instagram provides an alternative opportunity to market your products online. Try it out today.
Your Next Steps
Now that you’ve gotten the lowdown on Instagram ads, hop on the bandwagon today.
Need help with planning and implementing your Instagram strategy? Contact us now or give us a call on 02-8067 8495.
Like What You've Read So Far?
Get FREE updates with actionable marketing tips, live events and online workshops at your finger tips...